The Venture-Making Oatmeal Pumpkin Seed Coconut Cookies
I had been itching for the last couple of weeks to make oatmeal pumpkin seed coconut cookies. There are several reasons that it hadn’t happened yet:
- Didn’t have the time
- Had the time, but didn’t have the energy
- Had the time and the energy, but I had a sink full of dishes already
Well, a few days ago, I finally got to baking the cookies. They were surprisingly delicious. On the cooking shows, they say that things are so good that they make you want to slap someone. For my purpose here, I will say that they make you want to jump up and down and dance. My kids laugh at me because most of the things that I cook or bake usually starts with my mind going, ” Oh, I wonder what would happen if I mix this and that together.” That’s what happened with these cookies. Most of the times I have good results. Other times, it’s one of those things where you know there’s always next time. I call them my concoctions. I bought the almond flour about a month ago, so I didn’t have to worry about having to run out and get it. This was my first time ever using it for baking, and I loved it. Well, so much for rambling on…
I set the oven for 350 degrees, at a 22-minute timer. At 17 minutes into the baking, the entire house smelled like almonds. My daughter said, “Mom, I think that you need to check the cookies. They smell ready.” I felt them and they were still soft. However, she reminded me that they will finish cooking even after I take them out. She was right. She is the one who is the baker, but I am learning. I hope that you enjoy these cookies. I think that next time I will add quinoa. Here is the recipe:
Activity: Making Oatmeal Pumpkin Coconut Cookies
Prepping and Baking Time: 33 minutes
- (1/4) cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- (1 1/2) cup of almond milk
- (1/4) cup of grapeseed & sunflower seed oil blend
- (1/4) cup of sunflower seeds
- (1/4) cup of pumpkin seeds
- (1/4) cup of raisins
- (1 1/4) cup of almond flour
- (1 1/4) cup of oatmeal
- (1) teaspoon of vanilla extract
- (1/2) cup of brown sugar
- (1/2) teaspoon of baking soda
- (1) tablespoon of chia seeds
- (3) tablespoons of flaxseed meal and 4.5 tablespoons of water mixed together
- Use parchment paper or grease a full-sized cookie sheet with oil.
- Whisk together the following in bowl number one: almond flour, oatmeal, baking soda, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
- Mix together the following in bowl number two: grapeseed oil, coconut flakes, flaxseed meal mixture, almond milk, vanilla extract, and brown sugar.
- Dump bowl number one into bowl number two and mix well.
- Use a cookie scoop to form balls with the cookie mixture and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Enjoy and have a blessed weekend!
Leave a Reply