Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs
This past Friday was Valentine’s Day, and so I decided to treat myself with an aloe vera plant, and a meal. Then, on Saturday morning, I made some oatmeal chocolate chip raisin w/pecan cookies. One thing that I hadn’t done in a while, was to dunk my cookies in milk. Let me tell you, I wasn’t disappointed.
A few days ago, I decided that I had better quick make something from the ground turkey that I had let thaw out. The end result: spaghetti with turkey meatballs. The meal came out pretty good, and I realized later that the spices that I used made all the difference. I made the turkey meatballs the first night, and then the spaghetti the second night.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 16 oz. pound of ground turkey meat
- 3 tablespoons of parsley, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, curry, cumin, turmeric
- 1/3 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup of oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons of flaxseed meal
- (1) 1 lb. box of spaghetti
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- (2) 16 oz. cans of garlic and herb pasta sauce
- Dump the panko, oatmeal, flaxseed meal, and all the seasonings into a mixing bowl.
- Mix and stir this concoction.
- Use a cookie scoop to make the balls, and then your hands if necessary.
- Place the balls in a wok or skillet with olive oil.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- While the turkey meatballs are cooking, bowl 5 cups of water with olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- Add the pasta and then drain when done cooking.
- Dump the pasta back into the pot and add all of the above seasonings into the pot.
- Add the pasta sauce on top and enjoy!!
Have a blessed week!