The Entering A New Relationship Phase is Over.
The Problems and Unhealthy Patterns of Behavior Phase is over.
The Languishing Phase is Over.
And there is only one phase left in the Toxic Relationship Cycle. That phase is the infamous “Discard Phase”.
The “Discard Phase” Would be equivalent to The Grand Prize Game on the popular childhood television series Bozo the Clown.
It is the ultimate act for a person with Narcissistic Brokenness. And unfortunately, their desire is to leave you in a state of complete brokenness on the way out.
This is the only way that they can both reconcile the manner in which it is done and avoid responsibility for leaving.
Unlike The television show, it is not a laughing matter.
Your partner in the toxic relationship cycle has decided that they are leaving you. Just like discarding an old pair of shoes that are no longer supporting your feet, they are getting rid of you.
How long does this phase last?
There is no set time period. What is certain is that it is going to happen. You may or may not be told when.
The best thing to do is to prepare yourself and or your children.
You know that you are in this phase when the following things are present:
- You disrespect and dishonor yourself to the point of not knowing who you are anymore.
- You get daily reminders of the crazy situation you are in.
- Anything and everything is done to get you to put him out because he won’t accept responsibility.
- You are told “I’ll always love you but I’m not in love with you”.
- You find evidence that there is another supply.
- You are reminded of the insecurities you disclosed to him in the beginning.
- He reveals some things he never told you before.
- He is stringing you and the kids along.
- Your representation of light, growth, and truth is so far from where he is in the darkness.
- A fake suicide stunt is done as a last resort to regain control.
So what do you do after your partner leaves you?
You began the work of healing.
And this work takes place one day at a time. And sometimes the one day at a time may be one hour at a time. And sometimes the one hour at a time looks like one minute at a time. And sometimes the one minute at a time looks like one second at a time.
The important thing is that you are moving forward. Doing the work to reclaim your power and identity will be worth it.
Remember: you are already enough. Grab your keys to the kingdom and get your inheritance.
Until next time,