Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
It seems that I am always making some version of chocolate chip cookies. A couple of weeks ago, I made almond chocolate chip cookies again. Every time that I make them, I usually tweak a few things. Sometimes this is on purpose. Other times it’s because I am out of something, and desperate for something sweet.
When we are lacking something, we can focus on the lack, or we can come out of our scarcity mindset, let our creative juices start flowing, and see what God gives us as an alternative. God is the God of abundance.
Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 bag of Enjoy Life mega chunk chocolate chips
- 2 capfuls of almond extract
- 1/3 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of almond milk
- almond oil -1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup of flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup of oatmeal for binding and thickness
- Dump all the above ingredients into a huge mixing bowl.
- Mix everything with a wooden spoon.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using a cooking scoop or tablespoon, scoop purposely uneven portions of the cookie mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. The more cookies on the sheet, the longer it will take.
- You might want to use two cookie sheets.