Simple Vegan Tacos Introduction
One of my favorite things to do as of lately is to whip up something quick and tasty. This past weekend, I ended up making some super, simple vegan tacos for Mother’s Day. I also made two different cakes, oatmeal raisin pecan cookies, two loaves of carrot bread, and two loaves of banana chocolate chip bread. Thankfully, it wasn’t all on the same day.
I baked the cookies on Friday night. The bread was baked on Saturday night. Lastly, I made the two cakes on Sunday morning. I didn’t anticipate spending four hours in the kitchen on a Sunday morning. However, with baking two cakes, I’m not quite sure how much time I thought they would take either. Trust me, I am laughing with you. The first cake was one where I got the recipe from Delicious Miss Brown’s Show. This cake was a Caramel Apple Cake. On her show, she used a bundt cake pan. However, when I went to Walmart to buy the pan, they were all out. I ended up purchasing two 9″ round cake pans and making a two-layer caramel apple cake.
The second cake is one that I literally adlibbed on, and used a recipe off of Pinterest to make the cream cheese, substituting the powdered or confectioner’s sugar for organic cane sugar and a little bit of brown sugar. I also used vegan butter instead of regular butter. I ended up filling this one with fresh strawberries. This one was for my son. He said that the taste reminded him of cheesecake. I have included pictures of both cakes below.
My mother was very excited for her Mother’s Day gifts. It made my heart happy to see her after two months, as well as to treat her with the sweets and food that I knew were right up her alley.
After finishing both cakes on Sunday morning, I made the Simple Vegan Tacos and then made a breakfast wrap for myself and my son. It was a lot of work, but it was worth it. Now, on to the Simple Vegan Taco Recipe. Maybe it’s something that you might even think about trying to make for yourself tonight. Enjoy! Blessings to you all!
Simple Vegan Tacos
Total Prepping and Cooking Time
- 2 packs of Lightlife Smart Ground Mexican Vegan Crumble
- Unsalted Diced Tomatoes – 2 cans
- 1 pack of La Preferida taco seasoning
- 4 tablespoons of the following: onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, turmeric, curry
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 bag of Pepperjack Daiya cheese
- 1 18-pack of taco shells
- Optional: add salad mixture into the tacos
- Place the oil in a skillet or pan.
- Add the vegan crumble and diced tomatoes to the skillet.
- When the mixture is almost done, dump in the seasonings and cheese.
- Heat up the tacos on a cookie sheet in the oven.
- Add the mixture to inside of the hard-shelled tacos.
- Optional: add a salad mixture to shells as well.
- Treat yourself to a cold glass of lemonade. (That’s what my mom and I did! 🙂 )