Coconut Lemon Cookies
I have been thinking about making some version of lemon cookies for a while.
Finally, I was feeling courageous, and I gave them a try. When my mom came over, I gave her a few to try. I hadn’t revealed the ingredients yet. Then, simultaneously, she asked, “Did you put lemon in these cookies?” right as I was asking, “Did you taste my secret ingredient?” They came out pretty good. Hope you enjoy! God bless!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 lemon or 3/4 cup of lemon juice or lemonade
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons of flax seed meal
- 1/3 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- Grab a large bowl, mixing all of the above ingredients, making sure that you cut the lemon into four wedges, squeezing all of the juice into the mixture.
- Place parchment paper onto two cookie sheets.
- Scoop the mixture with a small ice-cream scooper, making sure that you press the sides of the scooper against the bowl in order to drain off excess liquid before placing the scoop on the parchment paper.
- Bake at 320 degrees for about 25 minutes.