Simple Vegan Chili
Have you ever made simple vegan chili? I know. Simple sounds very attractive. The two words simple and chili together sounds even better. That’s why I decided to make it.
Photo by Katina Horton
- 1 small bag of corn
- 3 cans of low-sodium black beans
- 3 cans of low-sodium Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 1/2 cans of Diced tomatoes with onions, celery, and green peppers
- 3/4 cup of quinoa
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, turmeric, ginger powder, curry, and cumin
- 5 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1/2 cup of avocado oil
- Dump all of the above ingredients into your slow cooker and let it cook for 4 hours on high. If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can put it into a big pot, and it should all be ready within 1 hour.
****** I don’t use salt, so if you taste it, and it seems like something is missing, more onion powder always does the trick.
Other Healthy Recipes
Blueberry Whole Wheat Pancakes