Background on the Pancakes
For the last five mornings, I have been making pancakes for breakfast. On the first two mornings, I used bananas as a filling. My mom and niece took the train out here to spend some time with us, and I ended up using the last of the bananas on Saturday morning when I decided to make us pancakes for brunch after my Writer’s Group.
On yesterday morning, I used chia seeds, and then today, I used a combination of chia seeds and sunflower seeds. Believe it or not, it was filling. I got full after eating the second thick pancake. Another new thing that I tried was using honey instead of syrup for a topping, along with vegan butter. They were delicious!!
- 2 cups of Bob’s Red Mill Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil or vegan butter for the mix (2 for bowl mixture) (2 for skillet)
- 1/3 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 2 cups of Almond or Soy milk
- Jar of honey or syrup
- vegan butter for the topping
- Dump the pancake mix into a bowl.
- Toss the seeds, 2 tablespoons of olive oil/butter, the milk and 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal.
- Mix all the ingredients with a whisk, wooden spoon, or whatever you have.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil or vegan butter in a skillet or pan.
- Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to pour the scoops of batter into the skillet, turning the pancakes over once you see the holes coming through.
- Drizzle honey or syrup and butter on top.
Send me a line letting me know if you try it. You definitely won’t be disappointed!
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
Have a blessed night!