During the week, when I am working full-time, as part of my morning routine, I start off by drinking a cup of orange juice and eating two Brazil nuts. Then, I usually eat a Cliff Bar within an hour of that. Within an hour and a half after that, I refuel with a breakfast sandwich.
The weekends are different. I still start off with the orange juice and two Brazil nuts. My need for orange juice in the morning as a wake-me-up is equivalent to other people’s necessity for coffee. My meals vary on the weekends. Why? Weekends are my times to loosen up from a super structure when it comes to eating. I believe in eating healthy. I just try to have a little bit more fun during this time.
One Saturday morning I made an Egg White with Asparagus Breakfast Sandwich. Here’s the recipe:
- Egg White
- Ground Pepper
- Olive oil
- Cut the bagel in half and place in the oven to toast.
- Place five to eight asparagus stalks on a cookie sheet with olive oil and black pepper on a cookie sheet to roast in the oven.
- Put oil in a skillet and add the egg whites.
- Once everything is ready, place ingredients on the bagel, sprinkle the egg whites with parsley, and enjoy!
- Optional: Add cheese, mushrooms, or diced tomatoes to the egg whites.