Three weeks ago, I made lentil and eggplant soup. I promise you, it did not disappoint. So, if you are up for something new, why not try it out? Enjoy and have a blessed rest of your week!
Lentil, Pasta, and Eggplant Soup
- 1 box of Rotini pasta
- 1 lb of French lentils
- 1 lb of ground turkey meat
- 2 eggplants
- 1/2 jar of garlic pasta sauce
- 1/2 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric, ginger,curry, and parsley
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of avocado oil
- 1 cup of broth
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- Boil the french lentils for about one hour, simultaneously, boiling the rotini and quinoa together in water and 1/2 cup of oil for about 25 minutes.
- While they are boiling, brown the ground turkey meat in 1/4 cup of oil.
- Saute the eggplant, asparagus, and diced tomatoes together.
- After the rotini and quinoa finishes boiling, add them, the vegetable mix, the ground turkey, and all the other ingredients into a bigger pot and boil for about 45 minutes longer.