Hello! I hope that each and every one of you are finding some type of rhythm (structure) in the midst of our new normal. There are several important things that we can do during this time, and I am reminding myself of these as well: 1) give ourselves grace, 2) give others grace, 3) practice wellness and self-care, and 4) allow ourselves to feel the emotions that are stirring, and 5) grieve.
About two weeks ago, I was desperate for something to cook for dinner after realizing that I had eaten all the food that was supposed to last for an entire week. I came up with something quick, fast, and in a hurry as they say before going to bed. The nice thing about this rotini meal is that it turned out to have just enough of each ingredient without being overwhelming, and at the same time, being able to taste each one individually. Hope you enjoy it!
Total Prepping and Cooking Time
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 1/3 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 bag of cut leaf spinach
- 1 box of rigatoni
- 4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup of quinoa
- 1 1/2 cans of Garlic and Herb pasta sauce
- 3 tablespoons of each: turmeric, cumin, curry, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, chili powder
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Place 1/3 cup of olive oil into 4 cups of water and boil for about 15 minutes.
- Dump the rotini and quinoa into the pot, and let it cook for about 20 minutes.
- While the rotini is cooking, dump all the rest of the ingredients into a large non-stick or cast-iron skillet along with the rest of the olive oil.
- When the rotini and quinoa is done, drain it in a mesh colander and dump it into the skillet with the rest of the mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix all the ingredients together and enjoy!
This sounds delicious! Love the addition of sunflower seeds!