Lentil Asparagus Tacos Background Story
Last week, we had our first surprise snow. Of course, no one was prepared for it. There were several jokes going around on social media due to the fact that the snow, along with the temperatures that trailed soon after were replicating that of what would be going on in the month of January. Surprisingly, even with all the snow and cold temps, I still had about ten kids to come to the door for candy.
Last week, I made another concoction. It turned out good, and the best part about this particular one is that it left you feeling energized and overall in good spirits after eating it. I hope that you enjoy it as well. Have a blessed weekend in the Lord!
Total Cooking and Prepping Time:
- 1 bag of French lentils
- 1 1/2 cups of brown rice
- 1/2 cup of red quinoa
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 2 cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 pack of tortillas
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 bag of frozen cut-leaf spinach
- Optional: 1 bag of cheese (vegan or non-vegan)
- chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, onion powder, curry, turmeric, parsley, (5 tablespoons of each)
Directions for Lentil Asparagus Tacos:
- Boil one bag of French lentils.
- While the lentils are boiling, boil the brown rice and quinoa.
- Also, while the lentils are boiling, saute the diced tomatoes, asparagus, and spinach in a skillet with olive oil.
- Add 1/3 cup of olive to the boiling lentils.
- Once all the ingredients are fully cooked, dump all of them into a separate large-sized pot, adding the nutritional yeast, and all of the seasonings.
- Heat up your tortilla and add the mixture to the inside.
- Optional: top it with cheese.
Leave a Reply