As you all know, I like mixing all different ingredients together to see what kind of concoction that I can come up with. The other night, I decided to make gemelli pasta with sauteed zucchini. It was quick and tasty. When the kids and I lived in our last place, I got the idea of using the potato peeler to peel my zucchini in strips, and then saute them. On one particular night, I made zucchini strips, tried out a couple of strips, and then went upstairs to do something. By the time I got back, all of the strips were gone. My daughter said, “Oh, those were good”. She had just told me that she didn’t want any.
One thing about pasta is that it is inexpensive, and you have the option to do a lot of different things with it:
- eat it hot or cold
- use salad dressing, butter, pesto, or pasta sauce as a topping
- dump meat or vegan alternative to add protein
- add vegetables to make it more colorful and exciting
- season with pepper and olive oil to add more flavor
Here is the recipe:
Activity: Making Gemelli Pasta with Zucchini
Total Prepping and Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- two teaspoons of onion powder
- two teaspoons of italian seasoning
- two teaspoons of garlic powder
- two teaspoons of cumin
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 box gemelli pasta
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- Add pasta to boiling water.
- Add olive oil to water so that the pasta won’t stick.
- While the pasta is boiling, cut the zucchini into strips using a potato peeler.
- Saute the zucchini, and rinse the pasta off using a colander.
- Dump the zucchini, and all the rest of the ingredients into the pot and serve.
- Makes 10 to 12 servings.