Because of the fact that my daughter is vegan, I am constantly trying to come up with vegan recipes that are fun, tasty, and simple. For quite some time now, I was thinking of trying to make vegan hamburger patties using the ground crumble, but I was unsure of what the results would be, considering that the ground crumble could simply fall apart if it isn’t bound well.
Finally, last week I gave it a try. To be more specific, I gave the vegan bites a try. The hamburger patties will be for another day and another post. I made one big bowl of this mixture. At first, I only cooked about 20% of the bowl, and refrigerated the rest. Later that day, I cooked the rest of the bowl. I noticed the difference immediately. Refrigerating the mixture causes it to stiffen and thicken up to a better consistency. Thus, my recommendations for you would be to make the mixture, and refrigerate the mixture for one hour, and then start scooping the bites. The one thing that I like about this recipe is the fact that the Mexican crumble has enough of a spicy kick, that you don’t need a lot of seasoning. Please enjoy and have a wonderful Labor Day!
Activity: Making Vegan Mexican Hashbrown Bites
Total Prepping and Cooking Time: 95 minutes
- 1 bag of hashbrown mixture
- 1/2 cup of Panko crumbs
- 1 pack of Lightlife Mexican Smart Ground
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup of Daiya vegan cheese
- Dump all of the above ingredients, except the oil into a bowl.
- Use a small cookie scoop or your hands to roll the bites.
- Place the bites into the oiled skillet, turning them every so often with a small spatula.
- Enjoy the vegan bites!
You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be blessed, and it shall be well with you. Psalms 128:2
Leave a Reply