I guess if you haven’t realized it by now, I love pasta. The second two things that have really been my go to is cut leaf spinach and fire-roasted diced tomatoes(salsa style). You can’t beat buying four cans of this duo for only $3.20. The quinoa helps to fulfill the protein requirement, which is a bonus.
I am not able to tolerate really spicy foods. However, these tomatoes give just the right kick to chili, burgers, avocado, homemade salsa, and several other things, without being too overwhelming. This meal was ready in no time. Since I decided to use two pounds of spaghetti, I had to use a large stock pot. Please feel free to email me your favorite recipe for spaghetti and I will feature it as a blog post. Have a blessed weekend!
Activity: Making Spinach, Spaghetti, & Quinoa Twist
Total Prepping and Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 2 pounds of whole grain spaghetti
- 2 cans of cut leaf spinach
- 2 cans of fire roasted with garlic salsa style diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of marjoram, italian seasoning, or basil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 1/2 jars of pasta sauce (tomato & basil, garden vegetable, garlic)
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 cup of red quinoa
- Bring four cups of water to a boil, then adding spaghetti with one tablespoon of oil added to prevent sticking.
- While this is going, bring one cup of red quinoa to a boil.
- Boil the quinoa for twenty minutes.
- Saute the spinach and diced tomatoes with olive oil, grapeseed oil, or whatever oil you have.
- Drain the pasta with a colander or top of the pot.
- Add the pasta sauce, vegetables, quinoa, and seasonings.
- Makes 15 servings.
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
Psalms 23: 4, NIV