Venture: Making Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Coconut Chia Cookies
I decided to try my hand at making cookies again for the third time. One thing that I have learned about baking is that if you use too much or too little of something, it can cause disastrous results. Nine times out of ten, you end up having to throw the ingredients away, like I had to do last week when I decided to experiment in the kitchen. I used a little bit too much baking soda. This week’s adventure was oatmeal raisin coconut cookies with a little bit of everything added.
They turned out really good, and besides that, I like the fact that they were really healthy. You can make these for breakfast or snack. The flaxseed meal definitely gives you a boost. Another benefit is that oatmeal is good for cholesterol. If you like nuts, these would be worth a try. Have a blessed rest of your weekend.
Activity: Making Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Coconut Chia Cookies
Total Prepping and Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- (1/4) cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- (1 1/2) cup of soymilk
- (1/4) cup of coconut oil
- (1/4) cup of sunflower seeds
- (1/4) cup of raisins
- (1) tablespoon of oil
- (1 1/4) cup of flour
- (1 1/4) cup of oatmeal
- (1) teaspoon of vanilla extract
- (3/4) cup of brown sugar
- (1/2) teaspoon of baking soda
- (1) tablespoon of chia seeds
- (6) brazil nuts (chopped)
- (3) tablespoons of flaxseed meal and 4.5 tablespoons of water mixed together
- Use parchment paper or grease a full-sized cookie sheet with oil.
- Whisk together the following in bowl number one: flour, oatmeal, baking soda, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, and chopped up brazil nuts.
- Mix together the following in bowl number two: olive oil, coconut oil, coconut flakes, flaxseed meal mixture, soymilk, vanilla extract, and brown sugar.
- Dump bowl number one into bowl number two and mix well.
- Use a cookie scoop to form balls with the cookie mixture and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Enjoy and have a blessed weekend!
Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
Proverbs 23: 6-7, KJV