A few days ago, I decided to make my daughter some quinoa burgers, and she said that they came out pretty good. I have made quinoa bites before, so I was thinking that quinoa burgers shouldn’t be too much of a difference. I didn’t get a chance to taste them, but I know one thing: the smell that was permeating throughout the house made me want to eat them. I decided to let her enjoy these all on her own.
Activity: Making Quinoa Burgers for Dinner
Total Prepping and Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- (1/2) cup of rice
- (1/2) cup of quinoa
- (3) tablespoons of flaxseed meal mixed with 4.5 tablespoons of water
- (1) can of spinach
- (3) tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- (1/4) cup of grapeseed and sunflower oil, or whatever oil you have
- (1/2) cup of vegan cheese
- Prepare two cookie sheets by greasing them with the grapeseed oil using a paper towel or optional, using parchment paper. (I ran out, so there was no option.)
- Boil the rice for twenty minutes.
- Boil the quinoa for twenty minutes.
- Saute the spinach with grapeseed oil blend.
- Mix the rice, quinoa, and spinach in a bowl.
- Fold in the flaxseed mix, cheese, and nutritional yeast and stir.
- Create patties with your hands.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes.
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,
Deuteronomy 7:9, ESV