Most people who know me have figured out the fact that I don’t bake a lot. However, it is something that I have wanted to learn how to get better at, and lately, I am becoming a little bit more courageous about this new adventure. I usually leave the baking up to my daughter, who can whip up something in a minute. Yesterday’s adventure was oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
I was pleased with the result, and I had to force myself to stop after cookie number three. The flaxseed meal makes these cookies really moist on the inside. The bonus to making these cookies is that I had everything at home already.
Activity: Baking Oatmeal Chocolate Delights
Total Prepping and Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- (1 1/2) cups of oatmeal
- (1/4) cup of semi-sweet organic chocolate chips
- (2) tablespoons of flaxseed meal mixed with 3 tablespoons of water
- (1 1/2) cups of flour
- (1/4) cup of brown sugar
- (2) teaspoons of vanilla extract
- (1/4) cup of coconut oil
- (1/4) cup of grapeseed and sunflower oil blend
- (1/4) cup of sunflower seeds
- (1) teaspoon of baking soda
- (1/4) cup of vegan milk (soy, almond, etc.)
- (1/4) cup of cinnamon
- Prepare two cookie sheets by greasing them with the grapeseed oil using a paper towel or optional, using parchment paper. (I ran out, so there was no option.)
- Whisk together the flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, sunflower seeds, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Mix together the brown sugar, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and vegan milk in another bowl.
- Pour the brown sugar mixture into the dry mixture.
- Add the grapeseed blend and stir.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop to place the dough on the cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes.
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, “Your God reigns!” –Isaiah 52:7
Leave a Reply